Monday, February 13, 2017

God's Not Done With Me Yet!


I had an uncomfortable experience the other day.  It was an experience that I do not wish to repeat, but at the same time, I am glad that it happened.  I know that statement does not make much sense, but stick with me, it will if you read this through to the end.

As I age, I have found that taking vitamin supplements in pill form helps me with that aging process.  I have been doing this for years.  The pills come in different sizes, so when I take them, I separate them by size.  On this particular day, I became careless when I popped the pills in my mouth.  It seems that one of the bigger pills got in with the smaller pills and, as I swallowed them, (I take several at a time) the bigger pill got stuck in my throat and I began to choke on it.  Ooooh, how awful that was! 

I am thankful that my husband was standing beside me when I began to choke.  He immediately told me that since I was still able to talk, (I kept asking him to help me!) that I needed to keep trying to cough the pill back up.  Well, I really didn’t want to keep choking and cough the pill back up…..I wanted him to reach down my throat and pull that pill out!  But, alas, he wasn’t willing to do that, and I really didn’t want him to do that…..I just wanted that darn pill to come back out of my throat.

As he encouraged me to cough, I coughed and coughed and coughed, and before you know it, that pill came back out!  Praise God!  Praise God!  Praise God!  What an awful experience!  And, to be honest, the thought crossed my mind that I was going to die!  What a way to go…..I could just see my obituary…..”Women carelessly swallows too many pills and chokes to death!”  Eich!  I wouldn’t want my family to have to deal with that headline!  LOL

So anyway, why am I glad that happened to me?  I am glad that happened to me because God used that incident to tell me that “He is not done with me yet!”  He told me that He still has Kingdom work for me to do.  He used that traumatic incident to encourage me in my walk with Him.

You see, I do get discouraged.  Life is difficult and discouraging at times and I need God to reach down from heaven, wrap His ever loving arms around me and tell me that I am valuable to Him.  I need Him to tell me that there is work yet to be done.  I need Him to encourage me.  I am so grateful that I have a Heavenly Father who cares so much about me that He will use an uncomfortable experience in my life and make Romans 8:28, “All things work together for good to those who love Christ and are called according to His purposes.”, come true.

Brothers and sisters in Christ…..God told me today to tell you, that if you are reading this newsletter, God is not done with you.  He still has Kingdom work for you to do.  He is reaching down from Heaven and wrapping His ever loving arms around you, encouraging you to keep “Fixing your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of God.  He wants you to consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”  Hebrews 12:1-3  God wants you to know that you are valuable to Him.  He loves you “as high as the heavens are above the earth” and He has removed your sins from you “as far as the east is from the west.”  You have worth in His eyes and He wants to use you for His glory.

So, today, brothers and sisters in Christ,
Be Encouraged!
Keep walking with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment