Friday, May 31, 2013

Life Is All About Me.....Right?

I have had 6 different physicial issues since the first of the year.  Just when I would get one issue taken care of, another one would pop up.  Each one has been a struggle to say the least.   And beyond the struggle, they have all been quite annoying.  I just want to be healthy.....healthy so that I can live this dual lifestyle that I live and love so much.....being active in my families' lives and in the lives of my friends on the reservations.
 
Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, with my focus slipping off of Jesus and onto my physical issues during this last five months, life became all about me.  All about me in a negative way that I wasn't really noticing.  And again, unfortunately, God had to point the situation out to me.  And, in His loving, gracious way, He pointed it out to me in a physical way.....darn.  Just what I was hoping to avoid.....more physical issues.
 
As I was lying on the ground in my backyard, rolling around moaning after a fall that I took with no apparent cause, He pointed the situation out to me.  I now know that I fell because He wanted to get my attention:  He wanted to point out to me that my attitude on life had gotten out of control without my noticing.  Now let me tell you, it doesn't feel too good to be convicted of a sin that I wasn't even aware of.  But, let me tell you also, that it does feel good to be convicted. 
 
Weird huh?  Being convicted doesn't feel good, but then again, it does feel good.  It feels good because I am reminded that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me.  A Heavenly Father who loves me enough to discipline me.  A Heavenly Father who will speak to me in my weakness and direct me back onto the right path; the path that will take me back to righteous living.  Righteous living so that my relationship with God will not be broken, but will be healthy and complete. 
 
It's not been easy.  Bad habits are difficult to break.  But with the help of the Holy Spirit, I am catching myself.  Correcting the sinful attitudes.  Working on being that living testimony that God wants me to be.  Because of God's conviction, I am working on living out Romans 12:1-2....."...offer your body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship.   Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good and pleasing and perfect will."
 
As I sit tonight writing this, recovering from a very minor medical procedure as well as strained shoulder muscles from my fall, I am so thankful that I have a Father God who loves me and wants His best for me.  I am thankful for his correction and redirection in my life.  I am thankful for his grace, mercy and forgiveness.  I am just plain thankful!
 
What are you struggling with?  Come on.....it's ok.....be honest with yourself.  Whatever it is, lay it at the foot of the cross.  Let God correct and redirect you.  Or maybe it's something different.  Maybe you need comfort.  Maybe you are sad, abused, depressed, hurt.....whatever it is.....God wants to be in the middle of it.  God wants to rain His grace, mercy and forgiveness down on you.  Will you let Him?  Will you pour your heart out to Him and then go to His Word for direction?  His Word brings life.  Life to the fullest!

And then, No.....life isn't about me!
 
Encouraging You In Christ!
All Praise, Honor and Glory to God!
www.eoaiRocks.com 
 
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment