Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I Want A Lifesaver!


I had a craving the other day for a Lifesaver.  Remember those…..the hard candy in the shape of a circle, with a hole in the middle?  The idea, as I understand it, is that the hole in the middle keeps you from choking if you swallow the lifesaver, thus the candy itself saves your life.  Walla…..the name Lifesaver!

Ok…..so I went looking for a lifesaver at my local big box store.  I looked in the candy section in the check-out aisles…..no lifesavers…I looked in the candy section…no lifesavers…I looked in the snack section...no lifesavers!  I began to get frustrated…..I wanted a Lifesaver!  LOL!

And then, in my frustration, God spoke to me.  He told me that “Jesus is my Lifesaver.  That unlike my experience of having a hard time   trying to find a Lifesaver, I would never have a hard time finding Jesus; because Jesus would always be there for me.” 

God’s reinforces that very fact over and over and over again in His Word:

“And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  Matthew 28:20b

“Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous!  Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9

I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you.”  Hebrews 13:5b

“Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you.  He will not fail you or forsake you.”  Deuteronomy 31:6

 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever…”  John 14:16

“As I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.” Joshua 1: 5

“For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  Romans 8:38

“Nevertheless, I am continually with you…”  Psalm 73:23

How comforting…..no matter what is happening in my life...Jesus is with me!  All the time.  Day in and day out.  Through the good and the bad.  Jesus is with me!  Jesus is my Lifesaver!

When I was drowning in myself, God put Jesus in my life to save me from myself. I am so thankful for that!  Life doesn’t depend on me anymore.  Jesus is with me every day and is in control.  I don’t have to be in control, worry, panic, suffer through loneliness, make decisions on my own, be afraid…..because Jesus is right beside me…..He is my Lifesaver!

Do you know Someone who is…
drowning in themselves…..
who is trying to get through this life on their own power…..
who is living a life full of turmoil..…
who is lonely and needs a Lifesaver?
  Jesus can be their Lifesaver!



You can be the one to tell them about Jesus, our Lifesaver.  
You may be the only person in their life that knows about Jesus our Lifesaver.
Encouraging you today to talk to everyone you know about Jesus, our Lifesaver.  


No comments:

Post a Comment